Friday, April 24, 2009

a speakin' weeken'(d)

hey yall!!
So I would love your prayers for me this weekend. It's been a phenomenal couple weeks seeing the Lord open up doors and answer prayers...specifically as it regards the opportunity to use my gifting with public speaking/preaching/teaching.  I have had multiple opportunities at Multnomah to read poetry (one was my own piece of spoken word--my first time reading one of my open pieces in a big venue like that) and I've been really encouraged through these. This weekend is full and I would love for you to uphold and cover me--

Tonight: Junior Senior Banquet at Multnomah:  I have 15 minutes to share a life lesson. I'll be speaking on our dreams-- risking it all and not playing it safe!

Tomorrow: I'm going to be a workshop presenter at the New Wine, New Wineskins conference on faith and the arts, a conference entitled Created to Create. If you follow the link you can read the summary on the discussion I'll be leading. This particularly feels way over my head and off my grid as I've never considered myself an artist or thought a ton about art in the Christ-following community...I definitely could use your prayers for wisdom to lead a discussion that would be fruitful for those involved!

Sunday: One of my elders just called and asked me to read 2 Corinthians 5 at church! Eric Knox, our founding pastor is in town from LA so it's gonna be a packed house and full of energy! Anyway, he wants someone to read Scripture and I get to do it! I've never been asked to do anything like this in our church so I'm really excited for the opportunity to read God's Word before Eric's message. Pray that I'll read with emotion and thought that would reflect the intent and passion of the author/Author!!  

I feel super encouraged by how these doors have opened. I'm nervous and intimidated, but also super excited!  It makes me feel an increase sense of expectation for the new season the Lord is ushering me into!! Please pray for me to be on my knees before the Lord as I stand before people and that I would truly be for His Name and not my own.

Much love...

3 comments:

Mathews said...

will be praying! Thank you so much for the e-mails. Exciting stuff!!!!!!

Danielle Hawes said...

That's great Bri!!! So excited for you, and will be praying!

Momma S said...

How did it go Bri?