The weekend went SOOOO well!!! Out of 3 WHC retreats that I've been in charge of, this was easily the retreat in which I saw most clearly the Lord link the messages of the 5 different speakers. I had asked them to speak about the gift of the cross and the cost of discipleship and it proved to be a pretty intense weekend. I was able to share my vision for the weekend Friday night and then sit back and watch the Lord through the speakers lead us to confront sin, to repentance, to the recognition that the Lord's conviction is an act of love, to deep perseverance in deep pain, and finally to recognizing the costs inherent in loving our neighbor. It was truly a beautiful weekend that went really without hitch. I even got to play a bit as the pix show! Thanks so much for your prayers!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
wildhorse!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tons of fun! What a blast... and it brings back memories. Although I don't remember having that cool swing!
I'm glad everything went so well. It sounds like the speakers had really good messages.
Rachel
So neat to hear what you are up to Bri!
Many blessings, Karissa
Thanks for the pictures! Good Old Wildhorse...wish we could have been there. Give Ben and Sara a big hug from us!
Post a Comment