Tuesday, September 2, 2008

stugo retreat and wildhorse!

a few of the girls downtown!
gentlemen...
the crew...
me slack lining for the first time--i actually took a step!!


i'm a bit late in covering the stugo retreat, but it went great--the team bonded in laughter, watching the olympics, and some fun experiential learning exercises. We started out with a little surprise...spending time at the Portland Rescue Mission downtown. i read a phenomenal story by Walter Wangerin and then told them we were going to spend time with the homeless.  A few minutes later they found out that they were also in charge of the chapel service. They responded so well!  The team is incredibly resilient and full of hard workers!!  I am very excited to see what they accomplish together in the year ahead! 

Wildhorse is coming up Friday and we will be gone through Monday. I've asked five faculty speakers to share about the Gospel: specifically the gift and the cost of discipleship. Please pray for the Lord to purify, transform,  and empower!!! I'll be sharing my vision for the weekend as an introduction Friday night and then I am primarily behind the scenes! Please pray for physical, emotional, and spiritual strength!!  

2 comments:

Andrea's Adventures said...

I have to tell you this: as I've prayed for the Mult students this year, and especially with Wildhorse coming up, the words that keep coming to mind are: power and purity! I got "dove bumps" (as Domani calls them) when I read your blog. Exciting stuff, B! Thanks for letting us know; the prayers are goin' up!

The Ashmens said...

And another school year begins... I am excited to hear how things go throughout the year. What an incredible place of change and growth... keep us updated! If you meet Nate Kellog, tell him hi for us! He spent last year here in Sweden and then decided to go on to Multnomah. We're praying for the ministry that happens there too! ~Krista