Sunday, January 6, 2008

New O comin atcha!


Hey hey everybody!  So it's been awhile, but i thought i would drop a quick note to let you all know that I've been advising some students as they have put together a mission trip to New Orleans for spring break.  School starts this next week (14th) and they will officially start meeting as a team. I'm super excited because i'll not only get to work with the leadership team and travel to New O. with them, but hopefully I will also get to lead/teach for some of their training times and I'm super excited!  I'll get some pix up of the leaders team in the next couple weeks (here's a pic of me with a few of them at my condo--Michelle, Billy, and Josh), but here's the initial note to let you know what i'm up to!  We'll be there from March 21st-29th. Please pray for me in my role as advisor, teacher, and team member as I seek to prep the leaders and the team well to go to a place i've never been, but to incorporate many of the things on my heart over the years concerning justice, race, the poor, and privilege etc. If you'd like to be part of sending me financially or in prayer...or if you just want to say hi just shoot me an email because i'd love to hear from you!!!  Thanks and love...

1 comment:

Deidre said...

I am sooo excited for you! That sounds amazing. Although I am disappointed to see that the "Bri spring break in LA tradition" wont continue this year :( But I must admit that my sorrow is entirely selfish.